North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more all-American than a backyard cookout! And when it comes to slathering on a flavorful barbecue sauce, everybody has his or her favorite type. Check out this easy-to-make Carolina favorite. This barbecue sauce recipe is easy to throw together for your next summer cookout and pairs well with all your favorite meats. You can even make a batch ahead of time and freeze it to use when you need it.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve warm.
- Discard any leftover sauce that has come in contact with raw meat or other foods.
- Any leftover sauce that hasn’t come in contact with raw foods should be allowed to cool before covering and storing in the refrigerator.