Bacon Turkey Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These days bacon is so popular, and for good reason. Your holiday guests will love this flavorful Bacon Turkey Gravy, and they'll be surprised by your twist on traditional holiday gravy.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces bacon
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Turkey or chicken broth
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy; remove to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve bacon fat.
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat and the bacon fat into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup then add enough broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour broth mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Crumble bacon, stir into gravy, and serve.