Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! There's nothing like a homemade barbecue sauce that you put together with ingredients you have on hand. And this one has the flavor bonus you can only get from bacon!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot, cook bacon 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
- This is great served over meat or poultry.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!