Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! There's nothing like a homemade barbecue sauce that you put together with ingredients you have on hand. And this one has the flavor bonus you can only get from bacon!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook bacon 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
- This is great served over meat or poultry.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.