Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm! There's nothing like a homemade barbecue sauce that you put together with ingredients you have on hand. And this one has the flavor bonus you can only get from bacon!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook bacon 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
- This is great served over meat or poultry.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)