We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet 'n' spicy Pepper Jelly is definitely one of our favorites when we're craving something a little different. It has the perfect balance of sugar and jalapeno pepper to send 'em all raving!
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, chopped
- 14 fresh jalapeño peppers (about pound total), stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 (6-ounce) package liquid pectin (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon green food color (optional)
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients except the pectin and food color. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pectin then return the mixture to a boil, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and strain, discarding the pepper pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the food color, if desired; mix until well blended.
- Pour into airtight containers, cover, and allow to jell at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Makes about 6 cups.
Liquid pectin can be found in the supermarket produce or baking section, or near the jellies and jams. This can be stored in the refrigerator for several months.