Plantation Pickle Chips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've been wanting to make homemade pickles, but have no idea where to start, then you're in luck! This recipe for Plantation Pickle Chips is easy to follow and delivers tasty results. All you need are some cucumbers, spices, and a few other ingredients to make the most perfect homemade pickles.
What You'll Need
- 4 medium-sized cucumbers, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, and salt; mix well then let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain vegetables and place in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cucumbers are slightly tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight before serving.
There's no need to peel the cucumbers for these homemade pickles, but you can if you want to.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.