Salad Seasoning Blend
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wait 'til you taste this over greens, tomatoes, cold veggies, or cottage cheese. Combined with oil and vinegar, it also makes a great salad dressing!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup sesame seed
- 4 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Toast sesame seeds in a heavy skillet, stirring them over medium heat until golden, 3 to 5 minutes
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and stir in toasted sesame seeds. Store in a shaker or tightly covered container.
- Makes about 1 cup.
To make a great salad dressing, in a jar, mix 2 teaspoons of the seasoning blend with 3/4 cup vegetable oil and 1/4 cup cider vinegar. Cover and shake well. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.