Spunky Onion Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No matter what you're making for dinner, it's always nice to have a homemade gravy recipe handy to add a little extra flavor to a dish. Whether you're looking for something to spice up your turkey recipe or you need a topping for your mashed potatoes, our recipe for Spunky Onion Gravy is a homemade gravy recipe that may seem too simple to be true. Using three ingredients you have lying around the kitchen, you can add some pizzazz to any dish.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- In a small saucepan, bring 2-1/2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion soup mix; cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the onions reconstitute.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and the remaining 1/2 cup water.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the flour mixture to the onion mixture; bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
For a thicker gravy, add an additional tablespoon of flour.