Sweet Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This savory homemade version of barbecue sauce will have you tossing out the bottled ones, for sure!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
This is great for basting or dipping!