Tasty Apricot Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want them to thank you for exciting the barbecue with something more than the "plain old regular"? Well, this is the Fourth of July of sauces!!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes or 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or 3/4 teaspoon salt plus 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the preserves melt and the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Makes about 3 cups.
Use as a dipping sauce for barbecued foods or add some of this sauce to your grilled items during the last five minutes of cooking, pouring any extra over the top before serving.