Tomato Red Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh-tasting ruby-red tomatoes taste like a garden in summer, in this simple, yet awesome Tomato Red Relish. Try it and you'll relish the tasty flavors.
What You'll Need
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise, then squeeze gently to remove the juice and seeds; cut the tomatoes into cubes. Place the cubes in a medium-sized bowl and add the remaining ingredients; stir until well mixed.
- May be served immediately, but better after chilling, covered, overnight or up to 1 week.
- Makes 3 cups.
I think this tastes best at room temperature, so if serving after being chilled, try letting it come to room temperature before using. (It should take 15 to 20 minutes.)