We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This kid-friendly recipe for a super school lunch is a twist on the traditional BLT. Call it a rollup or a wrap but use it for the kids' lunch boxes or your own brown-bagging. It's a chopped salad filling with the flavors of a BLT in a tortilla wrap.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, bacon bits, and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of each tortilla over lettuce mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion. Fold top of each tortilla closed and turn seam-side down. Serve immediately.
If you'd prefer, use light mayonnaise and whole-wheat tortillas and, instead of bacon bits, chop a quarter pound of deli turkey to mix in and create a "TLT" burrito.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 500
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 1,448mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 5.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!