Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've been known to get a little messy at the dinner table, then we've got a meal that's just right for you! Try our Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches for a hearty, saucy, and totally delicious way to take a trip down memory lane. Plus, the frozen meatballs are a great shortcut! This way dinner will be fantastic and ready in half the time.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound frozen cocktail-sized cooked meatballs, cut in half
- 5 hard rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Add meatballs to skillet; cook covered 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- If desired, toast the rolls; spoon on the meatballs and sauce.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Just so you know, we've tested this with turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, and even meatballs with sausage mixed in, and all got great reviews.
- No need to mix and form your own meatballs! Look for the cooked and frozen variety in your supermarket. The package usually comes with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.
- For more meatball recipes, try our Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs, our Meatball Street Tacos, or our Potluck Spaghetti & Meatballs!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 522
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 1,555mg 65 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?