Devilish Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These hot 'n' melty grilled cheese sandwiches are packed with personality! With cheesy options and a bit of our own cookie cutter creativity, they'll truly fit anytime we want to put a smile on our kids' faces!
What You'll Need
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 (7-1/2-ounce) container pimiento cheese spread (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
What to Do
- Using a cookie cutter or a knife, cut a simple jack-o’-lantern face from each of 4 slices of bread.
- Spread the cheese spread on the remaining 4 slices of bread and top with the cut-out bread slices. Using 1 tablespoon butter, carefully butter the sandwich tops.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat and cook the bottom sides of the sandwiches. Turn sandwiches over and cook the cut-out sides for 1 minute. Turn again and continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted. Serve immediately.
Don’t like pimientos? No problem -- just use slices of orange American cheese for these sandwiches. It tastes just as good and the color works perfectly for Halloween.