Baked Italian Heroes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Load the meats and cheeses onto Baked Italian Heroes. Drizzle these submarine sandwiches with Italian dressing, and hope that you've got giant appetites waiting!
What You'll Need
- 6 (6- to-8-inch) hero (hoagie) rolls, split
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced deli salami
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced deli provolone cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush cut sides of rolls with Italian dressing.
- Layer bottom halves of rolls with salami, turkey, ham, cheese, tomato, and onion; replace tops of rolls. Place each sandwich on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Carefully remove aluminum foil, and serve.
- If you like this recipe, then you're gonna love our collection of 11 tasty and quick easy dinner recipes!
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!