Beefed-Up Open-Faced Poutine Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for an easy lunch for you and the kids? Make our Beefed-Up Open-Faced Poutine Sandwiches! These sandwiches are made from convenient frozen ingredients you probably already have in your freezer. That means they're a quick and tasty meal option for after school or a super fun Saturday! One bite of the gravy and cheese on these groovy little sandwiches and you'll want one every day.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 of a (32-ounce) bag frozen French fries
- 1 (27-ounce) package frozen Salisbury steak in gravy
- 1 (11.25-ounce) box frozen Texas Toast slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place French fries on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook Salisbury steaks for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally.
- Place 6 slices (keep the remaining 2 slices for another time) Texas Toast on another rimmed baking sheet and heat in oven for the last 10 minutes with French fries or until golden brown.
- To assemble, top Texas toast with Salisbury steak, French fries, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place back in oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle sandwiches with the gravy left in the skillet and serve immediately.
Check This Out!
- If you’d like lots of gravy to drizzle, like we do, simply heat a 12-ounce jar of beef gravy in a skillet along with the gravy that comes with the Salisbury steak and pour it on.
- If you're looking for more juicy steak recipes, make our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak or our Weeknight Salisbury Steak!
- You won't want to miss our Perfect Poutine either.