Dilly Beef Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've ever wanted to know just how to make those dilly beef sandwiches you see on the menu of local diners, now's your chance 'cause our recipe for Dilly Beef Sandwiches is one of the best ones out there. Combining the use of both shortcut ingredients and fresh-from-the-grocery-store eats, this is just the kind of deluxe sandwich recipe to pull out over the weekend 'cause you're gonna want to really savor it.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 12 rye bread slices
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- Salt (optional)
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- 18 dill pickle slices
- 3/4 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Stir together first 4 ingredients; let stand 30 minutes.
- Top 6 bread slices with roast beef; sprinkle with salt, if desired. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over roast beef. Top evenly with lettuce, tomato slices, and dill pickles. Cover with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately.
If you like to spice things up a bit. Look for peppercorn-studded deli roast beef for this handful of a sandwich.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!