Classic Meatball Subs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love Italian food, then you'll love our tasty homemade meatballs that are as at home on a hoagie roll as they are atop a plate of spaghetti! Mangia and enjoy our Classic Meatball Subs!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except sauce and rolls (see Tip); mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place 3 meatballs on each roll, spoon on some sauce, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- The key to plump, tender meatballs is not to over-mix, over-handle, or pack the meat mixture. Treat the ground beef with a little TLC and you'll end up with some of the best meatballs you've ever had.
- Toast the rolls with a little bit of garlic butter. Mmmm!
- Looking for another great sandwich idea? Try our Baked Italian Heroes for a tasty option!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 716
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 46g 92 %
- Cholesterol 143mg 48 %
- Sodium 3,137mg 131 %
- Total Carbohydrates 90g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 62 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!