Open Faced Meatball Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get your knife and fork out for this hearty sandwich. This meatball mixture is spooned over Texas toast and covered with two types of cheese. You won't want to miss a bite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 6 slices garlic-butter Texas toast
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and garlic, and saute 3 minutes.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, basil, and frozen meatballs; cook 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
Prepare Texas toast according to package directions. Spoon meatball mixture evenly over toast; top evenly with cheeses and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.