We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This one's not too far from the old standby "fluffernutter" sandwiches we grew up with - but this time it's grilled, which makes it even more ooey gooey!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 8 slices egg bread
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided (see Note)
What to Do
- Spread peanut butter equally over four slices of bread. Spread marshmallow creme over remaining bread. Combine a slice of each to make 4 sandwiches.
- Using 1 tablespoon butter, coat the top of each sandwich equally.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Place the unbuttered side of the sandwiches in the skillet and grill about 1 minute. Turn sandwiches over and grill 1 minute, or until golden. Serve immediately.
- Some people say these taste better with unsalted butter, but to us it doesn't matter - we like the slightly salty flavor of regular butter.
- If you want to get really adventurous, add some sliced bananas to the sandwiches; the kids'll love it!
- Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook these in 2 batches. Use additional butter as needed.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 463
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 56mg 19 %
- Sodium 477mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!