Marinated Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Looking for a way to be the star of the patio circuit? This grilled steak sandwich always makes a hit!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 toasted hoagie or submarine rolls
- Lettuce for topping
- Onion slices for topping
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the white wine vinegar, sugar, honey, dry mustard, salt, celery seed, dried tarragon, onion powder and pepper to make a marinade. Whisk the mixture while gradually drizzling in the olive oil until the marinade starts to thicken. Remove 2/3 cup of the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for later use. Place the remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add the steak and turn to completely coat it.
- Refrigerate the marinating steak 1 to 2 hours, turning steak occasionally. Remove steak from marinade, discarding used marinade.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, turning once and brushing it with 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. Slice steak and place it on toasted rolls, add lettuce and onion slices, and drizzle with remaining reserved marinade.
If you have some garlic spread on hand, put some on the toasted rolls before adding the steak and other fixin's. Mmm...mmm!!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.