Spicy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What could be a better summer favorite than barbecue? We can't think of anything, and after you try this Spicy Barbecue Beef Sandwich just simmering in beefy, spicy goodness, you'll be kicking off summer with this guaranteed new favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 sandwich buns
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
What to Do
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Stir together remaining 1 teaspoon garlic salt, the beef broth, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place roast into a 4-quart slow cooker; pour broth mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 9 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker; shred meat with 2 forks. Serve meat on sandwich buns with sauce from slow cooker and, if desired, dill pickles.
To quickly degrease the spicy sauce before serving, pour it into a large bowl or measuring cup. Place sauce in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes, or until grease solidifies, then spoon off the hardened grease. You can also buy specially designed Fat Separator measuring cups that drain off grease as you pour the liquid into another container.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.