Back-to-School Bento Box
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It’s time to start thinking about how to make your kids’ (and your) lunch the envy of the cafeteria. One easy suggestion is to create a Bento Box using a handful of short-cut ingredients from the freezer and dairy aisles.
What You'll Need
- Chicken Salad English Muffin
- 2 1/2 cups frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 refrigerated English muffins, split in half
- 2 leaves of Boston bibb lettuce
- Chilled Pesto Pierogi
- 1 (12.84 ounce package) frozen mini pierogi, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- All-Star Cheddar and Fruit
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 dozen cherries
- 1 (4-ounce) block cheddar cheese
What to Do
To lean how to make this fantastic recipe, head over to Easy Home Meals!
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Oh, we almost forgot to mention the dessert. Add a few mini cream puffs from the freezer aisle to one compartment, and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to thaw them, as they will be just right by lunch.
- For more kid friendly lunch options, check out our collection of Back-to-School Lunch Ideas for Kids!
- Plus, when the kids come home, we've got Back-to-School Dinners for Kids.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Fancy-Schmancy Tuna Melts
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- South of the Border Steak Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- The Ultimate Hero Burger