Back-to-School Bento Box
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It’s time to start thinking about how to make your kids’ (and your) lunch the envy of the cafeteria. One easy suggestion is to create a Bento Box using a handful of short-cut ingredients from the freezer and dairy aisles.
What You'll Need
- Chicken Salad English Muffin
- 2 1/2 cups frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 refrigerated English muffins, split in half
- 2 leaves of Boston bibb lettuce
- Chilled Pesto Pierogi
- 1 (12.84 ounce package) frozen mini pierogi, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- All-Star Cheddar and Fruit
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 dozen cherries
- 1 (4-ounce) block cheddar cheese
What to Do
To lean how to make this fantastic recipe, head over to Easy Home Meals!
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Oh, we almost forgot to mention the dessert. Add a few mini cream puffs from the freezer aisle to one compartment, and you’re good to go. You don’t even need to thaw them, as they will be just right by lunch.
- For more kid friendly lunch options, check out our collection of Back-to-School Lunch Ideas for Kids!
- Plus, when the kids come home, we've got Back-to-School Dinners for Kids.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.