Chipotle Cream Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chef Marcela Valladolid visited Mr. Food and shared this authentic Mexican recipe. Quick-cooking shrimp is so versatile, it pairs with almost any seasonings. Serve this over fluffy rice to soak up every last drop of creamy sauce with its hint of spice.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper; mix well. Add shrimp in small batches and toss until evenly coated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add wine to skillet and stir for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, chipotles, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve immediately with rice.
Recipe from "Fresh Mexico" cookbook, courtesy of Chef Marcela Valladolid
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.