Oven Roasted Scallops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fennel, butter, and lemon, oh my! These Oven Roasted Scallops are succulent and served up to your loved ones, they'll be a crowd-pleaser among all.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 24)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse scallops, and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine egg and water in a bowl; stir well. Combine breadcrumbs, salt, and fennel seeds, if desired. Dip each scallop into egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place scallops on a lightly greased 10x15 inch rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle scallops with melted butter and lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until scallops are golden.
Because they're larger in diameter than bay scallops, sea scallops work best in this recipe that cooks 'em up nice 'n' brown! You'll find fresh sea scallops in the seafood department, or look for 'em in the frozen food section of your supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!