Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
These Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp sound fancy, but they're not hard and they're so, so delicious! Open wide for these babies. You're gonna love 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 16 (1-inch by 8-inch) slices prosciutto
What to Do
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water to cover at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Wrap 1 piece prosciutto around each shrimp. Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Place skewers on rack of a lightly greased broiler pan. Broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Vermouth imparts such a distinctive flavor that I'd rather not offer a substitute, so this is an adults-only recipe, folks. Also, be careful not to marinate the shrimp too long-it'll make 'em tough.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!