The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Shrimp Scampi Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
This cool twist on a classic hot dish will have everyone savoring the flavors of scampi! Your company will scamper away from the table satisfied, happy, and begging for the recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream until well combined; remove from heat.
- Place lettuce in a medium bowl and toss in the shrimp mixture; serve immediately.
Jun 01, 2012
I think you can make this with 1/2 & 1/2 to make it less heavy.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.