Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every time we go see Grandma she has something hot and comforting ready to eat, and one of our favorites is Grandma's Creamy Ham & Potato Casserole. This budget-friendly slow cooker recipe is creamy, filling, and...full of Grandma's love.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound cooked ham, cubed (See Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
What to Do
- Coat a 4-1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray
- Place potatoes and onion in bottom of cooker. Add ham and sprinkle with black pepper. Pour soup evenly over potatoes and ham and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours.
- Gently stir in cream cheese, and peas. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, or until cream cheese is melted and serve.
If you don't have leftover ham to use, feel free to get a thick slice of ham from the deli. It'll work just fine!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!