Hillbilly Baked Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing is more down-home than the wonderful flavors of backwoods country cooking, so it's only fitting that these Hillbilly Baked Beans are one of our most popular slow cooker potluck recipes. They can even be reheated on a grill for a smoky taste that can't be beat! We're certain that our Hillbilly Baked Beans will be your favorite baked bean recipe after just one bite; people will be wishin' they were Hillbilly too!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans, not drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
What to Do
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you're having a backyard barbecue, you can serve or reheat these in a foil pan or cast iron skillet on your grill. And you can make these in the oven, too. Just put the mixture in a 3-quart casserole dish, cover, and cook in a 350 degree oven about 1-1/2 hours, or until hot and bubbly.
- Did you know that some people call 'em hobo beans? Whether you make hobo beans with kielbasa or onion soup, we bet they'll be a delicious addition to your table.
- Craving even more baked beans recipes? Click here to check out our collection of 8 Easy Baked Beans Recipes!
- For even more slow cooker recipes download our free eCookbook, Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Looking for something to grill with your baked beans? Check out these amazing Foil Dinners for Oven, Grill, or Campfire!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!