Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes couldn't be any easier! It's mixed in one bowl, and cooked up in a slow cooker, so you can just throw it together and forget about it until it's ready.
What You'll Need
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds ground beef (see Notes)
- 1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
What to Do
Place potatoes in bottom of a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine beef, sausage, onion, 3/4 cup ketchup, cracker crumbs, eggs, and salt; mix well. Place over potatoes and shape to form a loaf.
In the same bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and the remaining ketchup; mix well. Spread over top of loaf, cover, and cook on the low setting 6 to 10 hours. Drain off excess liquid, and serve.
- We recommend using lean ground beef to minimize the amount of excess fat.
- If you're a fan of this slow cooker meatloaf recipe, then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.