Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Slow Cooked Meat Loaf and Potatoes couldn't be any easier! It's mixed in one bowl, and cooked up in a slow cooker, so you can just throw it together and forget about it until it's ready.
What You'll Need
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds ground beef (see Notes)
- 1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
What to Do
Place potatoes in bottom of a 3-1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine beef, sausage, onion, 3/4 cup ketchup, cracker crumbs, eggs, and salt; mix well. Place over potatoes and shape to form a loaf.
In the same bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and the remaining ketchup; mix well. Spread over top of loaf, cover, and cook on the low setting 6 to 10 hours. Drain off excess liquid, and serve.
- We recommend using lean ground beef to minimize the amount of excess fat.
- If you're a fan of this slow cooker meatloaf recipe, then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This simple, custard-style pie is made with a splash of something you might have caught Granny sippin' when no one was lookin'! Granny's Moonshine Pie is sweet, creamy, and great for sharing. Don't forget to top each slice with a dollop of our homemade whipped cream!