Our Own Donuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food's own recipe for an American classic will save you money, time and fuss. Just fry and serve your own donuts!
What You'll Need
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (7.5-ounces) package refrigerated country-style biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Separate biscuits and lay flat on cutting board. Using an apple corer or a plastic soda bottle cap, cut out a small circle in center of each biscuit, forming rings.
- Place rings and "holes" in hot oil a few at a time and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
- Drain donuts on paper towel-lined platter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
How about sprinkling these with cinnamon or drizzling with melted chocolate or a sugar glaze? You can even coat them with frosting then top with rainbow sprinkles!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.