Chunky Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Split Pea soup is always a favorite and this slow cooker Chunky Split Pea Soup is no exception. It feels and tastes so good going down... it's comfort in every bite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried split peas
- 5 large carrots, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ham base (See Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups flavored croutons
What to Do
- Place peas in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2-inches above peas; let soak 8 hours (see Note). Drain and rinse; return peas to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except croutons to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours or until peas are tender and soup is thick. Remove and discard bay leaf. Ladle into individual bowls, top evenly with croutons, and serve immediately.
- Look for ham base in the supermarket near the bouillon.
- Soak the peas the night before, and they'll be ready for the slow cooker the next morning.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 285
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 41 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 1,182mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 17g 66 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a holiday stuffing recipe that'll surely "shape up" your spread and get you lots of "oohs" and "aahs." Our Bundt Pan Stuffing is fancy looking and downright delicious. It's a homemade stuffing that'll be talked about all year long!