All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm...meaty short ribs simmered in a flavorful tomato and cabbage soup. What could be better than our recipe for All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage? Plus, it's made all in one pot!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 of a cabbage, chopped (5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, brown ribs, turning to brown all sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring frequently.
- Try serving the short ribs with some prepared white horseradish on the side.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.