All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm...meaty short ribs simmered in a flavorful tomato and cabbage soup. What could be better than our recipe for All-in-One Hearty Ribs and Cabbage? Plus, it's made all in one pot!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 of a cabbage, chopped (5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, brown ribs, turning to brown all sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring frequently.
- Try serving the short ribs with some prepared white horseradish on the side.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German potato pancakes are a favorite side dish in the fall, especially during Oktoberfest. Now, we've made them even more fall-perfect by adding some apple to them. Our Apple Potato Pancakes are crispy-delicious with just a touch of sweetness!