Countryside Lentil Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hearty yet healthy, our stick-to-your-ribs, Tuscan-inspired recipe for Countryside Lentil soup is pure comfort in a bowl! Put out a basket of crusty whole grain bread, and this one rounds out perfectly as a main dish meal.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package dried lentils, washed and drained
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil; saute onion and garlic 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 50 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
- For a heartier soup, add about 1 cup chopped smoked ham or leftover cooked beef.
- If you enjoy the comfort and taste of soup as much as we do, you're gonna want to check out a bunch more of our sensational soup recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.