Countryside Lentil Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hearty yet healthy, our stick-to-your-ribs, Tuscan-inspired recipe for Countryside Lentil soup is pure comfort in a bowl! Put out a basket of crusty whole grain bread, and this one rounds out perfectly as a main dish meal.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package dried lentils, washed and drained
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil; saute onion and garlic 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 50 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
- For a heartier soup, add about 1 cup chopped smoked ham or leftover cooked beef.
- If you enjoy the comfort and taste of soup as much as we do, you're gonna want to check out a bunch more of our sensational soup recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!