We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are a million different versions of this famous Italian soup - all good. Here's a classic, easy recipe that'll give you a potful of "delicious" and "warm."
What You'll Need
- 3 quarts (12 cups) beef stock
- 1 pound cooked beef, cubed
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (9 ounce) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- Chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the beef stock, beef, pasta, onion, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green beans, broccoli, and kidney beans and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Switch up your dinnertime routine by serving up our cheesy, baked Spinach and Artichoke Calzones. They're perfect for holding right in your hand and dunking into your favorite marinara sauce. You might just find yourself making these as an on-the-go lunch, too!