Grandma's Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you see Grandma cutting up little chunks of ham, you better get excited 'cause chances are she's getting ready to cook up some of her famous split pea soup! Grandma's Split Pea Soup is totally homemade and full of comfort.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (see Note)
- 1 (24-ounce) package dry green split peas
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 ribs celery, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
You can use leftover ham or buy it right from the deli case. And if the soup becomes too thick after it has been chilled, as it often does, just stir in a little water when rewarming it to achieve the desired consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!