Easy Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Served hot or cold, our Easy Corn Soup is a deliciously simple way of enjoying this tasty grain. It's "corn"-tastic!
What You'll Need
- 12 to 14 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 6 to 7 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, simmer corn kernels with salt in water 20 minutes, covered, or until corn is very tender. Reserve 2 tablespoons corn for garnish.
- In a blender, puree remaining cooked corn in batches until very smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Ladle into bowls and serve sprinkled with chives; garnish with reserved corn kernels.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- If desired, this soup may be served cold. Just chill it by setting a bowl of soup in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stirring. If soup is too thick, thin with water.
- Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!