Southwestern Corn Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring the Southwest right into your kitchen with this Southwestern Corn Chowder. The flavors and spice in this dish make it a favorite among all!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 2 (14-ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
What to Do
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or on LOW setting 8 hours.
- Stir in cream. Using a potato masher, partially mash potatoes in slow cooker until chowder is desired consistency. Serve with desired toppings like shredded Cheddar cheese or coarsely crushed corn chips.
If heat is what you're after, mince a whole jalapeno pepper and toss it in the chowder mixture before cooking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.