Bobbing-for-Apples Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apples and cheese? In a soup, no less? Yup, while it's a bit unconventional, we think it's one of our favorite secret flavor combinations yet. Our easy soup recipe for Bobbing-for-Apples Cheese Soup is both creamy and refreshing for a meal you won't find on most restaurant menus. It's sure to become a specialty in your household, so give it a try!
What You'll Need
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 (20-ounce) sliced apples
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bread into chunks and place on a baking sheet. Bake 3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, bouillon cube, and white pepper, stirring constantly.
- Heat to boiling, then add cheeses and whisk until melted and soup is smooth.
- Evenly divide apple slices among 4 bowls. Pour soup over apples. Arrange toasted bread evenly on top of soup to create jack-o'-lantern faces. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.