Copycat Autumn Squash Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Love Panera Bread® soup recipes? Now you can make them at home! Try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup when the chilly weather sets in. This simple butternut squash soup recipe is a warm and wonderful way to get your favorite bistro-style soup in the comfort of your own home. The copycat flavors of this steamy soup are sure to be your favorite this fall season!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; toss until evenly coated. Place squash mixture on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Place squash mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine squash puree, pumpkin, broth, apple cider, half and half, cinnamon, curry, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Heat 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through (Do not boil.).
Check This Out!
- For more fun with squash, try our Butternut Squash Fritters, our Butternut Squash Mash, or one of Our Best Butternut Squash Recipes!
- Autumn means it's time for warm soups; try our Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup, or our Creamy Pumpkin Soup to get warmed up.
- We've got more Sensational Soup Recipes where these came from!
- For more delicious copycat recipes, check out this collection Favorite Restaurant Recipes!