Creamy Oven Baked Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since the proof of the pudding is in the eating, everybody loves this creamy stew made with a secret ingredient...tapioca!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 carrots, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cook tapioca
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray, combine beef, potatoes, carrots, and onion; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour tomato juice mixture over beef and vegetables. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
This is the perfect dish for when you want to prepare ahead of time. Just put it together, cover, and chill. Begin to bake 2-1/2 hours before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 418
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,198mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe is a copycat version of a popular candy bar that's full of crispy, peanut buttery goodness. Our Whatdoyoucallem Bars deliver that same combination of ooey-gooey, chocolate, and peanut butter yumminess that you love, in a homemade form!