Meatball and Shells Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when Italian tomato sauce used to slow-cook on Mom's stove for hours and hours? Well, here's a way to get that same satisfying, good taste - but in a jiffy!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, egg and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, onion soup mix, thyme, tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; bring mixture to a boil.
Carefully drop meatballs and shells into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
I sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken for a lighter change. You can even add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!