Meatball and Shells Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember when Italian tomato sauce used to slow-cook on Mom's stove for hours and hours? Well, here's a way to get that same satisfying, good taste - but in a jiffy!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, egg and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, onion soup mix, thyme, tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; bring mixture to a boil.
Carefully drop meatballs and shells into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
I sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken for a lighter change. You can even add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you think of graham crackers, you might think of crushing them up to make a pie crust, or maybe sandwiching chocolate bars and toasted marshmallows between a couple of 'em for s'mores. Well, now we've taken it a step further by making a super moist, Graham Cracker Cake that's packed with flavor! Trust us, this is a recipe you'll want to get your hands on.