The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Meatball and Shells Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Remember when Italian tomato sauce used to slow-cook on Mom's stove for hours and hours? Well, here's a way to get that same satisfying, good taste - but in a jiffy!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, egg and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet or a piece of wax paper; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, onion soup mix, thyme, tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning; bring mixture to a boil.
Carefully drop meatballs and shells into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
I sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken for a lighter change. You can even add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.