Sausage and Bean One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This hearty one-pot meal is part soup, part stew, and adds up to a comforting main-dish meal. You'll love Sausage & Bean One Pot for how easy it is to make, how good it tastes and how little there is to clean up!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled, cut in half, and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound regular or reduced-fat fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, just until the onion is softened.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and add to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add sliced smoked sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until Italian sausage is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Pour off drippings then stir in remaining ingredients. Mix gently, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Get out the rice or noodles to serve with this, 'cause they’ll soak up the sauce, and that’s the best part!
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 375
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 23g 45 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 1,264mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.6g 35 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.