Chicken Sausage Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy gumbo recipe is sure to impressed even the biggest gumbo aficionado. With fresh ingredients, creole seasoning, and two kinds of meat, our Chicken Sausage Gumbo makes the perfect Mardi Gras food. But hey, you can serve it anytime!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook sausage 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; drain and set aside.
- Add enough oil to drippings in Dutch oven to equal 3 tablespoons. Whisk in flour and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, whisking constantly .
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and green pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add cooked sausage and chicken; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Serve over warm cooked rice.
Feel free to add another teaspoon of Creole seasoning, if you like.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!