We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add some cut-up ham, turkey, or roast beef and turn this into a whole-meal stew. It's certainly thick and hearty enough, and it's easy as can be, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
- 1 cup cooked tubettini or other small pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powders, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in beans and pasta.
- Cover and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Put a slice of French or garlic bread in the bottom of each serving bowl and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the soup if you'd like.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.