We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all heard the expression "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Well, this festive recipe may not be so good for the goose OR the gander, but it's very good for your holiday dinner!
What You'll Need
- 2 tangerines
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8- to 9-pound) goose, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Finely grate the tangerine peel and set aside the tangerines.
- In a small bowl, combine the peel, half of the melted butter, the sage, salt, and pepper. Place goose in a large roasting pan and rub butter mixture evenly over entire goose. Quarter the tangerines and place in cavity of goose.
- Roast goose for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degree F. and roast for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours longer, or until a meat thermometer registers 180 degree F. to 185 degree F., basting with pan juices about every 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining melted butter and the brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; heat 1 minute, or until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch; mix well and add to butter mixture, stirring until thickened. Serve with the goose.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 1,318
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61g 94 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 131 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 166g 332 %
- Cholesterol 634mg 211 %
- Sodium 948mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %