French Cornish Hens with Wild Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy recipe for Cornish hens is a perfect way to mix up your dinner routine. Don't be fooled by the name "French" -- it's just a reference to the yummy Dijon mustard and wine that make these hens so tasty!
What You'll Need
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package wild rice, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 cup dry white wine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub Cornish hens evenly with salt, pepper, and mustard; place in prepared baking dish. Fill each cavity equally with cooked rice. Pour wine into baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 to 20 more minutes, or until golden.
- Serve whole or cut each hen in half. Spoon pan drippings over hens and serve.