Roasted Sweet Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To celebrate Earth Day, we're using one of our favorite natural ingredients! Our Roasted Sweet Onions are everything perfect about dinnertime, and your guests won't see them coming! Plus, this recipe only has five ingredients, so it's as easy as can be. One bite, and we're sure you'll agree that this yummy side dish recipe is a super special, feel good way for you and for Mother Nature to enjoy a meal together.
What You'll Need
- 3 sweet onions, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim both ends off onions (do not peel), then set each onion on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle onions evenly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 2 sprigs of thyme on top of each onion. Wrap each onion loosely in foil and place in baking dish.
- Roast 70 to 75 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted in center of each onion. Carefully remove foil and allow onions to sit until cool enough to handle. Before digging in, remove onion skin and thyme.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- As for the type of sweet onions, they can be anything from Texas 1015’s, Vidalia, or Maui-Maui onions from the great state of Hawaii.
- We love onions in any form! Be sure to try our Cheesy Onion Potatoes, our Crispy Buttermilk Onion Rings, and our California Onion Dip!
- Plus, if you're going to make our classic French Onion Soup, you'll need to know How to Store Onions at home.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 147
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.6g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 414mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.