We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic peas get all dressed up for the holidays in our recipe for Christmas Peas. This Christmas-ready side dish features a whole lot of crunch, color, and creamy, so you can bet it'll be welcomed with an open mouth!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions, with 1 cup reserved for topping
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped (see Note)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the reserved French-fried onions; mix well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle reserved French-fried onions around edge.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
- The red bell pepper makes this a very colorful red and green Christmas dish, but any color bell pepper will do.
- Love peas as much as we do here in the Test Kitchen? Then you'll probably enjoy our Minty Pea Salad, too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 277
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.3g 11 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 623mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19 %
- Sugars 6.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.