Crustless Veggie Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Great idea for lunch, brunch, or a light main dish at dinner. This turns your favorite veggies into a crustless pie that spins the mystery of what to serve into a whole bunch of hoorays!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil; saute the eggplant, zucchini, and onion for 7 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add the tomatoes; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until mixture is quite soft. (If using canned tomatoes, reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.)
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl. Beat the eggs in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Add the cheese mixture to the sauteed vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the mixture into a greased 10-inch pie pan and sprinkle another 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the top. Add remaining vegetable mixture and then the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Top with mozzarella and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until sat and golden brown.
This is also super for some of those leftover bottom-of-the-vegetable-bin-and-starting-to-go-soft veggies.
Check out other favorite "impossible" crust recipes here!
- Want even more of our favorite zucchini recipes? Check out our collection of Garden-Fresh Zucchini Recipes: 24 Summer Recipes with Zucchini.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.