Crustless Veggie Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Great idea for lunch, brunch, or a light main dish at dinner. This turns your favorite veggies into a crustless pie that spins the mystery of what to serve into a whole bunch of hoorays!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium-sized fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil; saute the eggplant, zucchini, and onion for 7 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add the tomatoes; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until mixture is quite soft. (If using canned tomatoes, reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.)
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl. Beat the eggs in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Add the cheese mixture to the sauteed vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the mixture into a greased 10-inch pie pan and sprinkle another 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over the top. Add remaining vegetable mixture and then the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Top with mozzarella and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until sat and golden brown.
This is also super for some of those leftover bottom-of-the-vegetable-bin-and-starting-to-go-soft veggies.
Check out other favorite "impossible" crust recipes here!
- Want even more of our favorite zucchini recipes? Check out our collection of Garden-Fresh Zucchini Recipes: 24 Summer Recipes with Zucchini.